A cookie is a text file that is downloaded to your computer when a user access a website. Cookies allow web pages, among other things, to store and retrieve information about browsing habits of a user or their equipment. Depending on the information they contain and the way the user handles the computer, cookies can be used to recognize the user.
- Technical Cookies: they allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application. As well as that they allow the use of the different options or services available on the website, for example, to control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access to restricted parts, remember the elements of an order, allow to do the checkout process, make an application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or share content via social networks.
- Customization Cookies: they allow users to access the service with some general features based on a predefined set of criteria in the user terminal such as the language, the type of browser or the locale settings through which the user access the service.
- Analytic cookies: they allow monitoring and collecting data about the activity of users of the websites which they are linked to The information gathered through such cookies is used for measuring the activity of websites, applications or platforms. It is also used for profiling navigation users of these sites, applications and platforms. Based on the analysis of data used by the users of the service, improvements on the navigation process and display information can be made.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the most effective management of advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a website,an application or a platform. They optimise the way the publisher provides the requested service based on some criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they allow the most effective management of advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a website,an application or a platform from which he provides the requested service. These cookies store information on users activity obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing to develop a specific profile to display ads based on it.
How to block or delete cookies installed on your computer
If you prefer not to enable cookies, you can block or delete them from your browser:
- how to manage cookies in Google Chrome
- how to manage cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- how to manage cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- how to manage cookies in Apple Safari